Key areas of services offered
- Gene Expression data analysis (microarray, ESTs, RNA-seq)
- NGS (Genomics, including variations such as SNPs, indels and CNVs; metagenomics)
- Protein and other molecular interaction analysis, network visualizations
- Gene ontology and pathway analysis
- Mass-spec data, sequence analysis, RAPD analysis etc
- Creation of custom- designed databases and Software
Biomarker discovery by in silico approaches
Advanced literature search
Access and analysis of molecular biology data in general
- Kshitish Acharya K: Capacities vs. jobs in bioinformatics and biotechnology: a few points to the attention of current students & job-seekers  In: "Biotech Career Ready Reckoner 2014" (BCRR 2014), Vivify Media Private Limited & Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India.
- Roy D., Kumar V, Acharya KK, Thirumurugan K. Probing the Binding of Syzygium-Derived ?-Glucosidase Inhibitors with N- and C-Terminal Human Maltase Glucoamylase by Docking and Molecular Dynamics Simulation. Applied biochemistry and biotechnology,  172(1):102-14
- Bhagwat S, Dalvi V, Chandrasekhar DS, Matthew T, Acharya KK, Gajbhiye R, Kulkarni V, Sonawane S, Ghosalkar M, Parte P. Acetylated alpha tubulin is reduced in individuals with poor sperm motility. Fertility & Sterility, 101(1):95-104.e3
- Chitturi N, Balagannavar G, Chandrashekar DS, Abinaya S, Srini VS and Acharya KK. TIPMaP: a web server to establish transcript isoform profiles from reliable microarray probes. BMC Genomics,  14: 922
- Bhagwat SR, Chandrashekar DS, Kakar R, Davuluri S, Bajpai AK, Nayak S, Bhutada S, Acharya KK, Sachdeva G. Endometrial receptivity: a revisit to functional genomics studies on human endometrium and creation of HGEx-ERdb. PLOS One,  8(3), e58419
- Bajpai, A.K., Davuluri, S., Chandrashekar, D. S., Ilakya, S., Dinakaran, M. and Acharya, KK. MGEx-Udb: A Mammalian Uterus Database for Expression-Based Cataloguing of Genes across Conditions, Including Endometriosis and Cervical Cancer PLOS One, , 7(5), e36776
- Akhilesh K. Bajpai, Sravanthi Davuluri, Haritha Haridas, Greta Kasliwal, Deepti H, Sreelakshmi KS, Darshan S. Chandrashekar, Pranami Bora, Mohammed Farouk, Neelima Chitturi, Samudyata V, ArunNehru KP & Kshitish K. Acharya In search of the right literature search engine(s) Nature Precedings, 
- Acharya, KK et al. A novel tissue-specific meta-analysis approach for gene-expression predictions, initiated with a mammalian gene expression testis database. BMC Genomics, , 11: 467
Recent Poster Presentations:
National Conference on 'Molecular Medicine and Nanobiotechnology 2010': [Won first prize]
A new method for identification of potential biomarkers: making best use of available data from microarray and other mass-scale studies.
Acharya KK, Darshan SC, Neelima Ch, Deepa P, Sreelakshmi K, Deepti H, Akhilesh B, Sravanthi D and Vasan SS.
- Bangalore Bio 2010:
A new method for identification of potential biomarkers: making best use of available data from microarray and other mass-scale studies. Acharya KK, Darshan SC, Neelima Ch, Deepa P, Akhilesh B, Sravanthi D, Sreelakshmi K, Deepti H, and Vasan SS.
- Bangalore Bio 2009:
Towards better identification of targets for diagnostics, therapeutics and prognostics: making maximum use of genome-wide expression profiles to obtain disease-specific signature sets of genes. Acharya KK, Darshan SC, Neelima Ch, Hardik S, Varun M, Deepa P, Sreelakshmi, Deepti, Akhilesh B, Sravanthi D, Himadri S, Pranami B, Suman M, Vijaya Y.
Recent inivited talks at international conferences
- IISc INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON GERM CELL DEVELOPMENT FUNCTION & 19TH ANNUAL MEETING OF ISSRF held on January 22-24, 2009 DMRDG, at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Bangalore Bio Series: Multiple presentations
1We can also carry out some of the initial wet-lab work (purifications, quality checks etc) or any other molecular biology laboratory work, in some cases, with the help of our collaborating companies.
- Developing databases and performing gene expression1 analysis using microarray1 and RNA sequencing1 data [multiple projects and collaborations; 3 of the collaborative work published]
- Metagenomics1 analysis of sequencing data from NGS & Sanger's method in the context of human gut microbiome [completed for a medical research group in India]
- Reference and de novo genome sequence1 assembly, gene annotations (miRNA included), phylogenetic analysis of raw genome sequence reads [multiple projects]
- miRNA (microarray)1 data analysis [completed for a research group at CCMB, Hyderabad, India]
- Exon-array (Affymetrix)1 data analysis for brain tissue [completed for a research group at CCMB, Hyderbad, India]
- CHiP-seq1 data analysis [completed for a research group at KMIO, Bengaluru, India]
- Primer and mutation1 analysis in the context of oral cancer [completed for a company, Malaysia]
- Protein interaction and pathway analysis applied to mass spec and microarray data in the context of a human disease [completed for an academic research group, Mumbai, India]
- Development of a novel meta-analysis algorithm to make use of different types of gene expression data [in-house]
- Development of a new computational platform for protein-interaction analysis [in-house]
- Development of new RNA-protein interaction database by biocuration [in-house]
- Development of online test system for screening candidates for course/job-suitability in the area of life sciences [in-house]
- Development of a software for compiling hits obtained by literature search across multiple important resources [in-house]
- Development of a portal for majority of bioinformatics resources as a guide for biologists [in-house: please visit www.startbioinfo.com for more details]
- Computational structural analysis to screen and dock ligands [collaboration with VIT, Tamilnadu, India; published]
copyright © shodhaka life sciences private limited; all rights reserved